Saturday, November 27, 2010

Turkey, Casseroles and all that Jazz

Thanksgiving is always quite an adventure at our house. Cooking, pictures, and eating takes a lot more energy than one would expect. We have some really really good food. My favorite is the Apples and Cranberries dish: it is made of oatmeal, brown sugar, regular sugar, pecans, cranberries, chopped apples, and butter. It might be the best food dish EVER. We also have turkey, green bean casserole, corn pudding, deviled eggs, dressing, rolls, and sweet tea(what good Southern family doesn't?) But this year, it seemed to fly by like never before. Maybe it is because I am so glad to be home.  We have spent a lot of time just relaxing and playing Wheel of Fortune on the Wii. You know hoe I love word games. :-)
      Today, we went out and bought a real live Christmas tree. We are in the process of decorating it right now. And it is, well, another adventure. Emma seems to have ideas all her own and an agenda to Christmas-fy the house. I've strung all the lights on the tree and am waiting to put the ornaments on it. Maggie, the dog I'm watching over break, is very confused by all these projects going on in the house. She also is very happy to sit on the back porch and watch the squirrels. I'm queen of the tree. Emma did negotiate the price with the tree salesman. It might have been one of the funniest things this weekend.
(later this afternoon)
 The tree is now decorated and it looks great. (see right)
We are watching college football, my favorite past time: Arkansas vs. LSU. Because of my upbringing, I'm cheering for Arkansas. The ONLY time I can cheer for LSU is when they are playing Auburn. Arkansas just scored. Yay!

Last night we watched Toy Story 3. It as cute but a little bit frightening(that strawberry smelling bear was just pure evil). I don't get why everyone was so teary during that. It was cute but not really the tearjerker I expected it to be.
Now it's time to sit back, play Wii, drink hot chocolate(because it has finally gotten cold) and enjoy my last night at home with my family. Tomorrow it is back to Asbury with Emily. Two weeks of class and time to take finals. I can't believe it's already time for those. I just remember I still have to write an Art Review for Journalism and Culture due Monday.

I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving. I applied for my internship with Focus on the Family last night. I am just laying it in the Lord's hands and praying that His will be done, not mine. I really want this internship because it is my dream job and dream place to live. But whatever God has planned, I know it will be great. Time to go make Christmas cookies.

No comments:

Post a Comment