Monday, June 13, 2011

Oh the things I've seen....

Today was quite another awesome day at my internship. I worked on the book on moms all morning and then had to go to a titling meeting at 10:30 with Marianne and Brock. It was hilarious watching them toss ideas around and watching Brock write them all down. There were six people in the room including me so you can imagine how crazy that got. They even asked me what I thought and I gave them a few suggestions... AND ONE OF MY SUGGESTIONS GOT USED!! I helped come up with a part of the title for the book. Now that is only if Tyndale goes with it and they publish it as they picked it. But the marketing team(Brock included) loved it when they had all finished their brainstorming so I think it will work. :-)
We also talked about a hiking trip we may take in two weeks with all the interns. We would be getting up and leaving at 3am. No I did not stutter. 3 am. Holy Rockies! But it would be worth it to say I climbed to the summit of a fourteener. If I didn't get messed up with altitude sickness. We will see this weekend with camping. Rachel, Cassie, and I (and maybe some more of the interns) are going to go camping with the ROC this weekend in the mountains. I'm definitely going to get to add to my adventures list.
Later today, I finished the book on mothers(thank heavens), read another Imagination Station book, worked on proofing a book that is coming out soon on adoption, and then started some assigned reading for the internship.
All in all it has been a very successful workday. Rachel and I walked a mile and half after work to get some exercise. The pollen is really high so we both had trouble breathing. Plus she has a cold. I came home to find someone in my parking spot in the driveway. I came into the house to a delightful surprise of "grandpa" being over for dinner with my host family. It was so much fun. I ate with the family for the first time and I really felt comfortable. It is so cute watching the little kids get all excited about drumstick Ice cream cones from Grandpa. It may have made me tear up down here in my room when I came down, just thinking about the fact that I don't have any grandpas left to spoil me with Ice Cream cones and teach me how to act like I'm a ritzy person(which was hilarious to watch).
The rest of my night will consist of reading and relaxing.(two things I am very skilled with). Hopefully I can go to bed semi early and not be ready to crawl under my desk for a nap tomorrow afternoon. ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment